Sunday 29 January 2023

GTW Automobile Car Part 3

 Well it's been almost three years since I last updated the progress on my GTW Automobile car.  If you missed the first 2 blog entries, here are the links.  

GTW Automobile Car Part 1

GTW Automobile Car Part 2

I've worked on many other projects over this time, but this car sat painted on the shelf waiting for me to decal and weather it.

Vallejo Fire Red was used for CN Freight Car Red, its a nice Oxide Red.  I used Black Cat Publishing decals and NSC chalk marks.  Weathering started with a Neutral Grey Filter, followed by oils put on with a makeup sponge to simulate rust specks. Then a liberal coating of various shades of Pan Pastels were applied. Between each step a flat coat was used, to seal each layer of weathering.  

I took ten pictures using the focus bracketing feature of my camera and then stacked the images in Photoshop. 

My new years resolution is to finish one project before I start a new one!



No comments:

Post a Comment